Write for Voicing the Unspeakable Magazine
Submit a Guest Piece
If you would like to submit a one-off written article or one-off written article series, please follow the guidelines below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Aim for approximately 800 words (if it is significantly longer than 800 words, consider breaking it into a series).
- Stick to one topic per individual piece – for example, if you’ve experienced both the loss of a child and addiction and want to share about both, submit 2 separate articles. If you absolutely feel they cannot be separated, email Emily to discuss prior to submission.
- Review and edit your document for punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and general grammar prior to submitting. All submissions will be reviewed and edited prior to publication, but please submit as close to publication ready as possible.
- Attach an image with photo credit
- Optional, include a brief 3-4 sentence bio and bio image to be included with the article. If applicable, include links to website and ONE social media site with your bio. (You may also publish anonymously if desired)
- Include in the email subject “VTU Submission”
Accepted pieces will be published on the magazine’s website as well as the Facebook Page and other possible social media sites.
I reserve the right to decline publication on any submissions and/or to request revisions before accepting for publication. Please allow up to 4 weeks for a response regarding acceptance.
Become a Contributing Writer
If you would like to be considered for a regular, on-going contributing writer for Voicing the Unspeakable Magazine, please follow the guidelines below and submit to email@example.com:
- Please provide 3 written pieces of writing (can be submissions to be used for this magazine) or provide a link to a blog where writing can be reviewed
- Please list what topic area or areas you would like to write about (can use the list provided here as a reference but may also include topics not listed)
- Provide a 1-2 paragraph bio with a headshot image as well as links to your website (if applicable) and up to 3 social media profiles.
- Include in email subject line “VTU Contributing Writer Request”
Contributing writers will be required to contribute at least 3 written pieces every 6 months in order to remain a current contributor.
I reserve the right to decline applications to become a contributing writer for Voicing the Unspeakable. Please allow up to 4 weeks to review writing examples and respond to requests to become a contributing writer.