Ink & Paper Healing: Writing through Grief
Writing is a powerful healing force.
Writing gives us a platform to speak what feels unspeakable, to share what feels scary to speak aloud, to pour out our hearts, our fears, our unwavering love for those we have lost and have it feel tangible and real.
Reading what others have to say about loss and grief and life helps make us feel less alone. It gives us hope. Writing and reading can be an escape from pain and a guide back to living again.
That’s what is group is all about. Pouring out that love, that grief, the fears and uncertainties, and the unspeakables – and have a space to be heard and seen and loved through the mess of it all.
It doesn’t matter if you have never written a paragraph or if you’ve published dozens of books. You are welcomed and you have a voice and a story to share.
What this group offers:
- Love. Support. Companionship on the journey.
A chance to use the beauty and power of writing to find our way through grief – together. Hand in hand. Side by side.
- 6 weeks of intentional gathering, support, connection, and writing.
Real connections with people who know the darkness and heaviness of grief and loss. Finding love and understanding in those dark moments of grief from those who have been there too.
- A chance to share your voice and bring your light into the shadows of grief for yourself and others.
Use writing to gain a deeper understanding of your grief process and your avenues of healing.
- Explore your unique needs and desires to sort through the ruins of grief and move toward the beauty in life after loss.
Deepen your relationship with yourself and the one(s) you’ve lost.
- Redefine and start to create a new sense of self and life after loss through the process of putting pen to paper.
All the while being loved and supported by me – someone who has also been in the abyss of grief herself AND who has the skills and training of a counselor and writer to help guide the way through this process. Someone who can offer unique tools and individually tailored guidance for the specific areas of grief that you are struggling with – without all the professional mumbo-jumbo.
The first two Ink & Paper Healing writing groups were amazing – the courage and commitment of the grieving mamas in these groups has been amazing and beautiful to witness.
And I can’t wait to do it again.
What does it look like?
- 6 weeks starting January 14, 2018 – February 18, 2018
- Up to 6 participants
- Meet weekly on Sundays at Noon EST for “face to face” video group gatherings (60-90 minutes)
- Individualized weekly writing assignments based on what’s going on for you
- Weekly topics and themes to help guide us as needed
- An online private FB group to connect and share and lift each other up
- Cost: $85
Let’s get scribbling.